Wednesday 26 August 2015

Who's up for another TDIR Readathon?

Hello Everyone!

I hope this message finds you and your kin well and I hope you are all enjoying the summer (or winter depending where you are.)!

It's drawing nigh of two years since I launched the first The Dark is Rising Sequence Readathon in 2013 and I'm still amazed and grateful for the passionate response from all of you! The communities on Facebook and Twitter continue to thrive and hopefully new readers continue to discover these fantastic books.

To commemorate Susan Cooper's 80th birthday in May, the continued support in our online communities, and 2015 being the 40th anniversary of The Grey King, I wanted to see how many of you would be interested in a second TDIR Readathon? If you would be interested please let me know!

Also, I would like to know how you found the "sign-up" form the last time and if you have any suggestions for making another readathon better? Was the start date fine (December 7)? I'm open to anything aside from creating a new website (unless someone else does it!). I would be as hands-on as possible, but with family and other responsibilities, I would rely on you amazing people to spread the word as well! The Facebook and Twitter accounts would continue and I will resurrect this blog as time permits and welcome guest bloggers possibly.

Please let me know what you think! Comment below or send a note via Facebook or Twitter. Also, if you'd like to join our mailing list, send me an email request at tdir.readathon (at) gmail (dot) com.

Cheers!

Danny

Blog: tdirreadathon.blogspot.ca 
Twitter: @TDiRReadathon
Hashtag: #ReadTDiR 

3 comments:

  1. How does one get on the email list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison, just send me an email at tdir.readathon (at) gmail (dot) com and I will add you! Thanks for your interest.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete