Thursday 5 December 2013

We have 100!

Unbelievable!  

We’ve passed 100 readers signed up for the The Dark is Rising 40th Anniversary Readathon!

At 3:41 am my time (Mountain Standard Time), someone in Australia/New Zealand became the 100th person to sign up for the Readathon!  We have since surpassed that number and currently stand at 104.

All I can say is: Unbelievable!

The readers started flooding in when Susan Cooper posted the link to the Readathon on her Facebook page to her 3200+ followers at 10:12 am (MST). In the 24 hours after Susan's post, we had 51 people sign up which almost doubled our number!  We also gained 26 new Facebook members and a few more Twitter followers.

So, we currently have 104 readers signed up in at least 12 countries!

I would just like to sincerely thank Ms. Cooper and her daughter for their support of this project.  This is going to be fun!

Thanks also to everyone who has joined up and spread the word. If you haven’t officially signed-up - what are you waiting for!

We start the journey soon...

Danny
Blog: tdirreadathon.blogspot.ca 
Twitter: @TDiRReadathon
Hashtag: #ReadTDiR 
Google+
Live Journal



3 comments:

  1. Hi Danny, I'd like to join in the discussion on your facebook page, and I've successfully joined the group, but I don't seem to be able to post or comment. Is there something else I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      There shouldn't be anything else needed. Have you tried closing and re-opening your browser? Also, make sure your browser is up-to-date or try a different browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) Let me know if you're still having a problem posting after trying these ideas.

      Delete
    2. Tried those things. It's weird, wonder if it has something to do with recently updating my Mac OS. Anyway, I sent another request to join; see if it works this time.

      Delete